Saturday, January 10, 2009

Prayer, Games, Crafts and Teaching Tools

Hello friends,
I am writing because I need your help. I need your prayers as well as your creative juices. :)

In two weeks I will be leading a mission trip to England/Turkey. Our purpose for going to these places is to teach at a Sunday school conference to encourage and equip teachers who teach little kids to teenagers in the Middle East about Jesus Christ. Many times, the children they teach are first generation Christians, so their task is difficult and trying, but rewarding at the same time. The children they teach do not grow up in the Bible belt where there are churches on every street, therefore the most simple Old Testament story may be new to them.

At this conference, we are anticipating having about 50 teachers attend. We will be there for a five day conference as well, one or two days will be spent with refugee children/moms in the area.

The ministry that is putting this conference together is one of the native ministries that we serve at Advancing Native Missions. I have been to this ministry before and it is a wonderful, thriving, Bible focused ministry who is reaching so many of the world's most unreached people in some of the most challenging of circumstances.

Please be praying for us as we travel Jan. 25 - Feb. 6.

Also, if you have any Games, Crafts, and or Teaching tools that you think would be helpful for us to pass on to these teachers, please send them my way. Knowing that they may not have ready access to every convenience we have, I am trying to pick games that do not require lots of things, keeping them as "non-plastic" as possible, but are more "organic" in you will, meaning they don't require lots of "tools, etc."

Below are a few things we are hoping to discuss while we are there:

1- How we can teach children about difficult subjects like trinity, creation…..
2- Children Psychology and counseling
3- How we can teach children effectively through games, crafts….

All ideas, resource links, thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.
I look forward to writing and telling you how God works in and through our team when we return.
Thank you and God bless! :)
~mindy